Sunday 27 January 2013

Amnesia

If you're one of the lucky people who know what Amnesia is, then you should know why I want to forget this experience. I was one of the many who have attempted to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Before I go any further for those of you who do not know what this game is, you're a character who drank an amnesia potion, and left yourself a note to kill Alexander the Great. You have to travel around a castle, and you have no weapons... only a lantern. There are plenty of monsters around the castle that try (and a lot of the time succeed) with killing you. 

If this makes no sense at all, here is a short video on the lore of Amnesia: 

 

Now even though I have only played through roughly 1/3 of the game, I have watched many of my friends attempt the game. Most of them have finished it, and only wet themselves twice. The game tells you at the very beginning to play in a dark room, with no lights, and headphones on. It's a very scary game, and messes with your emotions quite terribly. 

The game is definitely not meant for the weak, such as myself. I scream far too often when I play this game that I was actually put on a stream to show how much of a pansy I am. You can click here to watch me screaming like a pansy, although you might want to skip a bit into it. 

Although the game is very well put together and is extremely scary, I actually highly recommend playing it. It's a lot of fun when you look back on it, but when you're playing it you just want it to be over. It is more fun watching your friends play, because then you can laugh at them. You should try it out, but just know that I warned you when I said it was scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment